Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Engineering Program Investigation


College/University of interest: I haven't looked seriously at colleges yet, but so far I would definitely love to go to a UC or tech school, perhaps UC Davis or Cal Poly. I know UC Davis has a great engineering program, and I also know that Cal Poly has a good aerospace engineering program, which is the field that I want to get into.

Why does this institution appeal to you?: It appeals to me because the UC and tech schools are very prestigious and are great schools. Also, most of them have great engineering programs.

Which engineering program is most interesting to you and why?: Definitely aerospace engineering. Even as a little kid I was interested in airplanes and spaceships, and as a kid I wondered how they work and what makes them do what they do.

Which undergraduate engineering elective is most interesting? Describe the course and its appeal to you: The engineering elective, again, would have to be aerospace engineering. Like I said earlier, it interests me the most. I would love to take one or more engineering courses in college. In an aerospace engineering class, their goal is to educate the students about aerospace engineering with a written aspect and a hands on aspect. Here is a link to the aerospace engineering course description at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo: http://aero.calpoly.edu/about/

I would love to go into the subfield of aerospace engineering listed on the website linked above called aircraft and spacecraft design.

No comments:

Post a Comment